Chromotherapy is a method of treatment that uses the visible spectrum (colors) of electromagnetic light to treat diseases and to affect mood or emotions. It is a centuries-old concept used successfully over the years to treat various diseases and ailments.
Purple The Mind Eraser
Feeling like your mind has too many open tabs?
- Purple is the last color we can see before light passes on to ultraviolet (UV)
- Excellent for neurosis, diseases of the scalp, sciatica, tumors, rheumatism, celestial-spinal meningitis, concussion, cramps, & epilepsy
- Violet animates & cleans the venous blood
- Some experts believe it can provide nourishment to the cells in the upper brain
Red The Great Energizer
- The color red works wonders in the body to increase energy levels
- Loosens, releases constrictions and is excellent for areas that have become stiffened
- Activates metabolism
- Promotes cellular growth, stimulating the circulatory system
- Causes hemoglobin to multiply, thus increasing energy raising body temperature conditions as it stimulates sensory nerves such as hearing, taste, and smell
- Excellent for anemia or blood-related conditions
- Ideal for colds and other sluggish or dormant conditions like pneumonia, arthritis, and anemia
- Stimulates the liver
Green The Universal Healing Color
Does your body need a reboot?
- Benefits most any condition in need of healing
- Relaxes muscles, nerves, & thoughts
- Provides feelings of peace & harmony
- Great for conditions of the heart, lowering blood pressure, ulcers, cancer, headaches, nervous disorders, & influenza
- Renewing, moderating, & soothing
- When in doubt, green will always work!
Orange The Wisdom Ray
Feeling bogged down?
Free your mind & spark joy
- Known to be a warm, cheerful, & non-constricting color
- Because orange is a blend of red & yellow it combines physical energy with mental wisdom
- Causes a transformation between lower physical reaction & higher mental response
- An emotional stimulant
- Removes inhibitions
- Aids in repairing inflammation of the kidneys, gallstones, & sinus
- Helps menstrual cramps
- Great for epileptics
Yellow The Skin Rejuvenator
Need a creativity boost?
- Awaken mental inspiration
- Provides clarity of thought, increased awareness, & stimulates interest & curiosity
- Connects us to our mental self & is related to our ability to understand
- Helps repair scarred tissue & eczema
- Excellent color for nervous system or nerve-related ailments due to an alkalizing effect that strengthens nerves
- Aids in conditions related to the stomach, liver, & intestines including constipation, gas, liver troubles, & diabetes
Blue The Cool Soother
Need some rest?
- Mentally relaxing, calming color
- Pacifying effect on the nervous system
- Encourages great lotus
- Soothing rays provide peace to a mind that is worried, excited, or in a constant nervous state
- Can be used for any ailment associated with speech, communication, or the throat